Tuesday, December 4, 2012

WE ARE ONE! AA Preamble

Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for AA membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for AA membership; we are self supporting through our own contributions. AA is not allied with any sect, denomination or politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any contreversy, neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and to help other alcoholics acheive sobriety. Missing You Sam-played keyboards for the group Maze. I met Sam while I was living in Oakland, California. He was my friend and we would frequent the same bar in downtown Oakland off 12th Street. Sam was extremely talented and at the same time he loved his Vodka. Things happened in Sam's life in which he lost his career with the group over the years maybe that depressed him. He was a sweet soul and I had compassion of wisdom knowing his struggle. Through this Blog I learned of his death as it has been many years since I last saw him. Maybe he got Sober, I don't know. Anyway he was my friend. Luv Ya Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment